Knowing the male reproductive system helps you understand the parts that may be affecting one’s fertility. Here are some parts of that will help you know how the reproductive system works.
- Holds the testes, which is the organ that produces the sperm.
- Maintains the temperature of the sperm to ensure healthy production.
- Located behind the penis.
- Coiled tube lying behind and beside the testes.
- Helps the sperm to mature.
- Moves sperm to the ductus deferens.
- A long thick tube that runs from the epididymis to the back of the bladder.
- Produces sugar fructose and seminal fluid, which guides the sperm to their journey to the female reproductive system.
- Has enzymes that have the power to liquefy semen after ejaculation.
- Located at the bottom of the shaft of the penis.
- Produces a lubricant before ejaculation happens.
- Allows a male to unload his seminal fluid to a woman’s vagina.
- Oval glands found inside the scrotum.
- Factory of sperm cells.
- Produces testosterone.
- Nourishes the sperm by producing growth factors.
- Responsible for producing testosterone.
- Seminiferous tubules are responsible for storing the sperm for at least three months.